1/4 cup sugar
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 pears, cored and sliced
1/6 cup honey
1/6 cup crumbled blue cheese
1) In food processor, pulse almonds and sugar until finely ground.
2) Add 2 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp at a time, until mixture forms spreadable paste.
3) On lightly floured surface, roll sheet of pastry into rectangle and place on baking sheet.
4) With a knife, lightly score 1" border around pastry.
5) Using a fork, gently poke holes thoughout inner border.
6) Spread the almond paste in center up to 1"border.
7) Heat oven to 375.
8) Arrange the pear slices over the filling.
9) Brush pear slices with the honey.
10) In small bowl, lightly beat egg with 1 Tbsp water.
11) Brush egg mixture over the outside 1" border.
12) Bake 25 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
13) Sprinkle the cheese over the pears; return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Each serving has: