When Thatdad first died, we ate a lot of pizza. Pizza has always been one of Thatmom's favorite foods and we hardly ever ate it because it wasn't great for Thatdad's heart. After his death, I immediately tried to bring it back into rotation as a source of comfort for Thatmom, and she readily accepted. So much so, that finally Thatboy put his foot down and demanded we eat SOMETHING other than pizza.
So we reigned in our pizza eating and it's been ages since Thatboy has had pizza. Long enough where I thought I could sneak some back in.
I call this our "kitchen sink" pizza because it has all of our favorite things on it. For Thatboy it means it has pepperoni and garlic. For me, it has artichoke hearts, fresh basil, and roasted red peppers. For both of us - lots of cheese!!!! (And for anyone keeping track, I'm now making my mozzarella with 1% milk and it is just as delicious)
Kitchen Sink Pizza
- Whole wheat pizza dough, parbaked for about 9 minutes.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- turkey pepperoni
- sliced onion
- roasted red peppers
- red pepper flakes
- artichoke hearts
- 1 cup basil, chiffonaded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cover pizza crust with tomato sauce and then cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepperoni, onion, peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes, and artichoke hearts.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with basil.