Right now, I limit his coconut intake to two areas. I'll let him sprinkle some on his cornflakes in the morning, and we've been making coconut cookies.
These do not photograph well. Something about the stickiness of the bars means that cutting doesn't yield those perfect edges. Or it could be because I didn't let them cool long enough. Which I can only blame on having a 2 year who keeps saying: "Not hot? Warm?" every minute or so.
2 cups light brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
6 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x8 pan with baking spray. Beat the eggs until they're foamy.
- Beat in the brown sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut and walnuts.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and fold into the batter.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares!