Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Product Review: Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows

This weekend Jon, Ringo and I took a roadtrip up to Santa Barbara. It was a glorious day - the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and we got to do some great shopping! Santa Barbara is a great place for shopping because State Street just goes on and on forever, crammed with well known stores and cutie little boutiques. Ringo's favorite was "Unleashed" where he got to play with a couple of Whippets while we perused their natural dog treat selection and Ringo ended up with a doggie cannoli.

I found a cute little store called Crush Cosmetics and had to stop in, the nice thing about boutiquey little stores is, unlike Sephora or a department store, I was the only one there which meant I got some personal one on one attention. Having finally gotten my brows done (yay new years resolutions!) I confided in the saleswoman my likes and dislikes of Mac brow set (ie -good staying power/shiny brows) and she recommended this product. The price tag is above and beyond what I would normally pay, but I decided I deserved a special treat that day (I had done a really good thing earlier) and so it was packed up for me.
What: Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows (I got brunette)
How Much: $24.00
Where to buy: Crush Cosmetics
Review: This is exactly opposite from the MAC brow set. First, it's not quite as easy to use. Instead of swiping it on like mascara, you dip the brush in the powder, and then the wax, and then your eye. I wasn't sure I was doing it right and kept putting more and more on. Which leads me to Number two - unlike MAC this thing isn't glossy at all! I only knew it was actually on because after about 100 applications I touched my eyebrow and found it to feel waxy. Oops. The only similarity is this thing has the same stay all day kind of power that MAC does. But so much more natural looking! Once I master the powder/wax/brow application I can see this becoming a very useful weapon.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, maybe I'll make Hubbs stop by and pick me up some eye brow wax goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had the patience for stuff like this. some make-up whore i am.

    ReplyDelete