For Thanksgiving, nothing beats mom's traditional turkey, but if I'm eating Turkey on a Tuesday - or any other day of the week, I like to play around a bit. I was listening to the call screener on my favorite radio show talking about how he broiled his turkey for Thanksgiving by accident and it gave me a great idea - broiled turkey!
Keep an eye on this baby or it'll be a charred mess. But with constant supervision, it turns out delish!
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/8 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp pepper
1/8 cup olive oil
boneless, skinless, turkey breast
1) Smash garlic, sprinkle with salt, and let stand 5 minutes.
2) Mash into paste, place in bowl. Add juices, vinegar, honey, chopped rosemary, and pepper. Whisk in oil.
3) Divide mixture. Reserve half. Place other half in ziplock bag with turkey and refrigerate overnight.
4) Heat broiler and place broiler pan 4" from heat source.
5) Season turkey with salt and pepper. Broil turkey, basting with remaining marinade about 45 minutes. Let breast stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Each serving has:
|Total Fat||7.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11.0 g|