This one is absolutely beautiful. Almost too beautiful to eat. But then the smell gets to you and you have to take a bite, then two, then three, pretty soon you've eaten a quarter of it. It's so good! And filling - perfect for a cold winter morning.
And in light of the new year where everyone is concerned about what they put into their body, I'll even include the nutritional information - I don't guarantee 100% accuracy, but it should give you a pretty good idea.
2 cups thinly sliced red potatoes
2 cups sliced red onions
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups spinach, chopped
2 coves garlic, minced
8 egg whites
1/2 tsp pepper
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1) Cook bacon until crisp. Let cool. Chop and set aside.
2) In a 10 inch skillet, saute potato, onion, bell pepper, rosemary and 1/2 tsp salt in 1 Tbsp oil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in spinach and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat
5) Beat eggs, egg whites, and 1/2 tsp salt in large bowl. Add veggies, bacon, black pepper and feta.
6) Preheat broiler. Add remaining oil to skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook for 6 minutes.
7) Move skillet to broiler and broul, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Serves 6. Each serving has:
- Calories: 191.2
- Total Fat: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 191.5 mg
- Sodium: 496.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 15.8 g