Growing up we did english muffin pizzas. They were quick and they were tasty, but they were also messy and small. You ended up eating more than a normal pizza because they were gone so quickly. Flipping through magazines I saw a recipe for pizza made with pitas and thought they would make a much better (and dare I say more gourmet) substitution for english muffins.
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1) Heat oven to 400
2) Place pita directly on rack in heated oven for 2 minutes
3) Remove from oven and place on clean work surface
4) Evenly divide artichokes, olives and parmesan among tops of pitas
5) Sprinkle with fresh thyme
6) Return to oven for 5 minutes.
Each serving has:
|Total Fat||9.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||79.5 g|