1 1/2 lb. boneless leg of lamb, cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 leek, cleaned and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped, dried dates
1/2 can stewed tomatoes
1 cup beef broth
1/6 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
box cous cous
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1) Heat 1 Tbsp oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season lamb cubes with salt and pepper. Brown lamb cubes on all sides. Transfer to medium bowl with slotted spoon.
2) Add remaining oil to dutch oven and saute onion, pepper, leek, and garlic 4-5 minutes.
3) Stir in cinnamon, cumin, and ginger; continue cooking until vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes.
4) Return lamb to Dutch oven. Stir in olives, dates, tomatoes and beef broth. Break up tomates with wooden spoon. Bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer covered 1 hour, or until lamb is tender.
5) Stir in parsley.
6) Prepare cous cous following box directions, then add toasted almonds. Serve with stew.
|Total Fat||22.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.8 g|