Pages

Friday, January 04, 2008

Product Review: Kiehls Blue Astringent

I used to have really great skin. Enviable skin. So great in fact, that getting a single zit became a huge ordeal because they weren't that common. This lasted right up until I graduated from college.

Jon blamed himself. He had pretty bad skin, and around this time his cleared up completely. We joked it was because he rubbed his oily face on mine and got rid of his excess oil that way.

I blamed stress. After college was a rough time for me, and things didn't get any less stressful when I started law school.

An estetician blamed hormones. These are always changing and she said the location of my breakouts made her believe it was due to a change in my hormone levels. (seriously bah to hormones).

Whatever the cause, my breakouts seemed here to stay. As part of my New Years resolution, I decided to really try to get control over my face (great visual image right?). I thought back on what my "beauty routine" was when I actually had a beauty routine - cleanser, toner, moisturizer. Then I realized, I haven't used toner in ages. Mostly because I "had such great skin" that I "didn't need it." - at least according to others. I thought maybe I should investigate this further. So for Channukah I got Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion and have been using it daily for about two weeks. What: Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion
How Much: $10 *not cheap, but if it works, its a lot cheaper than a facial - which I never needed until I started law school*
Where to buy: Kiehls or Nordstroms
Review: So far, so good. I'm noticing less breakouts and the previously existing one has cleared up almost completely. My skin is really soft too. *Note to self - stop touching skin, probably not helping the problem*

8 comments:

  1. kiehls is my new obsession! i'm even cooking up a post on the topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I used to have perfect skin. Over the last 2 years I've started getting pimples much more frequently. boo! Maybe it's an age thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 100% an age-thing. My dermatologist says that when women are in their 20's their hormones change. I didn't get bad acne until about 21 and then went on accutane and now things are great. The whole zits are for teens thing is bogus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...maybe I should look into a "routine". I'm over 30 now so I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Law is zit-inducing.

    My skin is generally good, but it's become REALLY good since I switched jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You kmow, my estheticiam says the same thimg about my breakouts om my lower face. She says it's hormomes/stress amd could be am overabumdamce of testosterome. Gross. If it makes you feel amy better, I dom't see your zits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Kiehls lover, but am usually hesitant to try anything that can't be sampled. I might have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete