Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Taste the Rainbow


I'm not a big fan of pasta salads. I think that's because growing up, all the pasta salads I had at bbqs and picnics were loaded with mayonaise -an ingredient I never learned to love.

However, as I got older, I realized pasta salads didn't have to use mayo. Sub in a little olive oil and vinegar and pasta salad becomes a great light dish.

This is a very kid friendly meal, because its so colorful. Red, yellow, green, purple. That always makes me feel super healthy too. Of course, the added sugar takes away from that healthy feeling.


Rainbow pasta salad
3/4 cup fresh green beans, cut into pieces
3/4 cup wax beans, cut into pieces
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
3 cups cooked pasta
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
salt
pepper

1) Combine beans and onions.
2) Add oil, vinegar, and sugar and mix well.
3) Add cooked pasta.
4) Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Refrigerate before serving

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of pasta salad, but maybe I would like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty! I am a big fam of pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete