There is a secret behind yogurt dip though, you MUST let it drain overnight. Yogurt contains a lot of liquid, which is whey (you know as in "eating her curds and"). Draining the whey gives the yogurt a better consistency by making it thicker. To drain the yogurt place a coffee filter in a metal strainer over a bowl. Place yogurt in the filter and refrigerate overnight. Voila, drained yogurt.
I made two yogurt dips this week, and frankly I can't decide which I like better! I love the cucumber yogurt dip because its nice and garlicy, ever so fresh tasting - almost like eating spring. And the mango-curry dip? Well with all that color and spice its a definite autumn staple.
1 cucumber grated
1 garlic clove minced
1 Tbsp chopped dill
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1) Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, and lemon juice.
2) Season with salt to taste.
3) Drizzle olive oil over before serving.
Mango Curry Dip1 cup yogurt, strained
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 tsp mango chutney
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp minced cilantro
1 tsp chopped green onions
1/4 tsp tabasco
1 tbsp canola oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 Tbsp curry
1) Combine yogurt, mayo, chutney, lime juice, cilantro, green onion, tabasco.
2) Heat oil in small saucepan over medium low heat. Add garlic, saute 1 minute. Add curry, saute 30 sec.
3) Add garlic and curry to yogurt mixture.