Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Come On Get Healthy!

I've been fighting something off for the past week, and trying to use this weekend to heal up. The problem? No weekend is quiet for me. Every weekend has some celebration or get-together. So I do what I can. Saturday I spent alllll day in bed so I could party hard Saturday night.

When I'm sick, I crave red meat. I think its the iron and extra nutrients. So yesterday for lunch I made beef kababs. Now kababs orignially refered to middle eastern fried meat. The term then began being used for grilled meats. I tend to call anything that goes on a skewer a kabab (oh how very American of me). It's cheating, I know, but I think the kabab police have more important things to do with their time than hut me down.


In the evening it was over to Liz and Bill's to celebrate Liz's birthday. It was a good chance to meet Liz and Bill's friends - who all seemed like really great people. At least they kept us entertained! Because I'm trying to be healthy I called DD for the night, which meant Jon got to entertain me too. Turns out he's a pro at beer pong and flip cup. Who would've guessed?

The birthday girl begins another round of flip cup

Happy Birthday Liz!!!!

Jon's okay at parties, if he has the right audience

Beef Kebabs
1 lb sirloin, cut into chunks
marinade of your choice
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
16 mushrooms
1 onion, cut into chunks
8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes

1) Place steak in ziplock bag with 2/3 cup of your favorite marinade. I used a black pepper marinade I really like. Place in refrigerator overnight.
2) Thread meat, pepper, shrooms, and onion on skewers, alternating
3) Grill until desired doneness, basting with marinade often.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh the kabobs amd coleslaw look heavemly!! My kimd of meal. Liz looked so pretty at her party, I'm sad I couldm't go. I wish I had kmow it was am all-might thimg though. booo.

    ReplyDelete