Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Home of the Big Salads


Jon had a really rough day yesterday that involved him leaving the house at 2:30AM. He had eaten dinner the previous night super early so he could be in bed by 6PM. (He needs at least 8 - usually 9, hours of beauty sleep to look as good as he does) Last night, I figured his food schedule would be a little off, so I wanted something light and easy for dinner. In my family that always meant "big salads" which is what we called entree salads. Big salads could be made of any ingredients, but they always had some form of protein in them. This one has grilled chicken. In light of my tropical yearnings, I threw in some pineapple too. Jon was pretty impressed. Here are some choice quotes:
"I don't think I've ever had mint in my salad before."
"This is really healthy huh?"
And just in case you were thinking it didn't go over so well......
"I really like when you make things like this for dinner." Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww



Tropical Grilled Chicken Salad
Baby spinach
12 mint leaves
salt
pepper
Fresh pineapple
Grilled chicken
Avocado, peeled and sliced
Basalmic vinaigrette

1) Heat chicken and pineapple until warm.
2) Combine spinach, mint leaves, salt, and pepper
3) Place greens on plates and top with chicken, avocado, and pineapple
4) Pour dressing over the chicken



5 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog and am so happy I did. I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I just love the title of this blog. I'm not really sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I feel about mint in my salad?

    That's fancy right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have a way of tweakimg a plaim recipe. This looks really good, evem though I'm mot a big pimeapple fam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2:30am? Good Lord! At least Jon had a dinner he loves :) Aline, have you had a Thai Beef Salad? It has mint in it.

    ReplyDelete