Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Banana-rama

I found a new treat at Trader Joes this week. Plantain chips! Plantains are like bananas, but without the sweetness and overpowering flavor. They're a little firmer and starchier and are used a lot in South American cuisine. When the plantains are sliced and fried they make tasty little snacks!

Plantain chips are great on their own, but they're also great with a cilantro yogurt dip. The tanginess of the dip really complements the chips. And the green and yellow are just so dang gunned purty together.

Cilantro Yogurt Dip
1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup pesto
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
juice of half a lemon
salt
pepper

1) Combine all ingredients and chill before serving

5 comments:

  1. It is 1 a.m., and I really really want to eat this. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am skeptical of the combo, but that dip sounds yummy in 10yt's tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cilantro and i are arch-enemies. it just tastes like dishsoap to me :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scientist Kate says:
    Amber that is SOOOO cool! Do you know that means your body doesn't produce a certain enzyme? It's a Ph thing in your mouth that makes the cilantro taste like soap. I PPH genetics. Ask your parents if one or both of them experiences the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does one find a cup of Pesto?

    Isn't Pesto a whole other process to make?

    This reminds me of a Persian Yogurt dressing my best friends mom makes.

    ::Drool::::


    {looks up}

    Wow Kate I just totally learned something new!

    I PPH cilantro and anything lemony.

    I think ginger tastes like soap... is that something similar or do I just have lame taste buds?

    ReplyDelete