Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Peanutty-ness

When I told Jon I was going to try to make the oreo truffles with peanut butter instead of oreo he wasn't convinced.
Jon: Peanut butter and chocolate isn't my favorite, but I bet they'll be good.
Kate: No, no chocolate - all peanut butter.
Jon: But you can't dip them in peanut butter, it's not melty like Chocolate

He was right on that count, but my truffles were more of an inside out oreo truffle - instead of oreos on the inside and chocolate on the outside, these would have peanut butter on the inside and peanuts on the outside. When I was done making them, Jon still wasn't so sure.

Jon: But what's going to make them sweet? The chocolate made them really rich with the oreo truffles.
Kate: There's vanilla, cinammon, and sugar - they'll be sweet.

He didn't want to like them, I could tell. He was fighting it. But one bite and he was sold.
Jon: I don't think I'll be gulping these down like the oreo ones, but these are really good!

I always know best.


Peanut Truffles
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
chopped peanuts

1) Combine all ingredients but peanuts. Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.
2) Let chill for 30 minutes or until firm
3) Form into balls and roll in peanuts
4) Chill for another 15 minutes before serving/eating

3 comments: