Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween! (A pictorial greeting)

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!

For me, one of my favorite Halloween traditions is carving Jack O'Lanterns. We spread out a big black garbage bag and put on a scary movie. Carving Jack O'Lanterns in the dark (a necessity for the scary movie part) is tricky work. Good thing we have years of practice. Neither Jon nor I use patterns. Normally his pumpkins are outstanding. This year, mine definitely was the more impressinve of the two. I was going for "Werewolf" but this fellow is a little more cat-like than I had planned.

Poor Ringo doesn't get to wear his Halloween costume this year. His cone interferes with the moose antlers. But like any good mommy, I already had taken some pictures of him in the costume pre-eye surgery. I guess it'll have to do. As you can see, he still got a treat, even though it wasn't Halloween. Spoiled puppy.


I don't dress up for work or school. But that doesn't mean I don't share in the Halloween spirit. Last night Jon and I made dirt cups to bring in to our co-workers. I wish I would have taken pictures of the assembly line we had going with me in charge of the pudding and Jon in charge of the cool whip. I quickly learned Jon is not amazing at either division of ingredients or refraining from licking the serving spoon. I was a quick enough learner to put myself in charge of the cookie toppings. I was not a quick enough learner to stop several gummy worms from going missing.

8 comments:

  1. Imagine Ringo singing this:

    Mom, I love my Kooooooong!
    My Kong!
    My Kong Kong Kong Kong Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ringo is such a CUTIE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Ringo kept the antlers on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the monkey's song is hilarious.

    mmm...worms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL WM. Kate I am super impressed with your jack-o-lantern. Your dirt cups remind me of being a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally thought you were kiddimg about givimg out "dirt cups"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love dirt cups!!! I wish I would have thought of making these...they would have been perfect for our Halloween party. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm. Those dirt cups look good.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete