Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Reese's Pie



I'm a good person to know. And if you know someone who knows me, you're in a good place too. Today was Thatboy's boss's birthday. They have a tradition in their office that on someone's birthday, the entire office takes a half day for a party. Everyone's family comes in and there's food and drinks and its a good time.

Unfortunately I couldn't join in the festivities till almost everyone had left. That's the problem with having a grown up job sometimes. So I sent along a little something in my place. Something creamy, and chocolatey, and peanutbuttery. Like a Resse's Peanut Butter Cup, but in pie form! I think Thatboy's coworkers probably appreciated my offering more than if I had actually shown up. But I'll meet them all some day!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
20 chocolate sandwich cookies (oreos, or in this case, Trader Joes Joe Joes)
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 pkg cream cheese
1 container cool whip
1 cup hot fudge

1) Preheat oven to 325. Crush cookies and combine with melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of pie pan. Bake 10 minutes.
2) Beat peanut butter, sugar, and cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
3) Fold in half of cool whip.
4) Spoon peanut butter mixture into pie crust.
5) Spread hot fudge over peanut butter mixture.
6) Top with remaining cool whip.
7) Refrigerate overnight.

6 comments:

  1. Golly that sounds SOOOO good! Save me a piece and I will run right over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something like this last February for my husband's birthday. It was wonderful--my daughter proclaimed that birthday pie was as good as birthday cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs would love it. Too bad I'm too lazy to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i literally drooled just looking at that picture. not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. peanut butter + chocolate = heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just keep getting hungrier and hungrier. Maybe I should catch up on your posts after lunch?

    ReplyDelete