Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another one for the guests


One of my all time favorite appetizers is artichoke dip. Lets start with the fact that artichokes are one of God's perfect foods. Add cheese to artichoke, and well basically if there were 8 deadly sins this could qualify on its own. Right now we'll just have to stick it in with gluttony.

Remember how I'm cleaning out my freezer? Well I had half a loaf of stale french bread in there. If you know me at all, you can probably figure out I was going to make some form of strata with it...eventually. But in addition to those ribs, I just stuck a bunch of biscuit dough in the freezer and so out the bread had to come. Now worries I just tossed it on top of the artichoke dip and bake baked away. It's even better than a bread bowl which always results in too high of a bread to dip ratio. This way every inch of the bread is equally coated in cheesy artichoky goodness. And with the bread already in it, you can totally justify eating it straight from the bowl with a fork. Not that I know anyone who would do that...


Spinach Dip with Bread
1/2 french baguette, torn into chunks
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
4 oz sour cream
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil

1) Preheat oven to 350. Combine bread, 1/8 cup cheese and parsley.
2) In separate bowl combine yogurt, sour cream, remaining cheese and artichoke mixture. Top with bread mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
3) Bake 35 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. [drooling all over my keyboard]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think there's a dip more satisfying than a hot artichoke dip. I'm due...thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I can sink my teeth into. *stomach growling*

    ReplyDelete