Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

Leftovers?


So I might have gone a little overboard the last time I made meatballs. I literally have a giant bag of them in the freezer. But hey, a little frozen meatballs never hurt anyone, right? And now I get to find new and exciting ways to use already made meatballs! Which leads to super quick and easy dinners (lucky me!)

This is one of those long day at work, no time to eat during the day, filling comfort dinners. The longest part is cooking the pasta. Everything else is just about heating. Perhaps this is a more appropriate dinner for a cold winter night since it leaves you feeling so warm and full. However, there's nothing I like better than a quick easy pasta dinner whenever the world around me starts spinning at mach speed!


Pasta Skillet
1 cup pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 can crushed tomatoes
8 meatballs
parmesean cheese

1) Prepare pasta according to directions (boil water, stick in pasta.....)
2) Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and green pepper and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
3) Add tomatoes and meatballs and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook 10 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
4) Stir in pasta and sprinkle with parmesean cheese.

6 comments:

  1. I adore meatballs. I'm really amused by this post, because I just blogged about leftovers too! We're working hard to clear out the fridge before the move, which is making for some really creative meals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love quickie pasta dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life does go by pretty quickly That Girl so in a pinch spaghetti and meatballs it is:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figure if you're already making them and getting everything dirty, make a mess of them and freeze them. You'll use them. I'm waiting for a meatball sub over here - pssst...over here...see me now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always have frozen meatballs on hand because sometimes i like to just eat them for dinner. no pasta, no filler. just meatballs.

    i like meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Droooool meatballs. I gotta make me too many of them now too!

    ReplyDelete