Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Because I am a lame blog-friend


I make it a point to take part in all the blog events run by my online friends. It's the internet equivalent of cheering on the home team. My buddy Ruth has been running a great blogging event:


The idea behind the event is to finally make some of those recipes we've all put aside for a rainy day. I've been promising to join in since it started. But first I wasn't blogging about the recipes I was trying. Then there was the move, and ever since then when Ruth posts her roundup on Mondays I get all guilty for the rest of the day. So I decided to dig through some of my recipes I've stuck in my card holder. This one I had put aside for a winter tea because it uses dainty puff pastry shells, but is filled with something warm. But with no winter tea in sight, I decided to throw caution to the wind and make it anyway. Especially for Ruth!

The original recipe came from Pepperidge Farms, but I changed it up a bit, as usual by making one of my favorite switcheroos, broccoli instead of asparagus.

Brunch Ham Puffs

1 pkg. Puff Pastry Shells
1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. grainy Dijon-style mustard
1 tbsp. dry white wine
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
Dash garlic powder
(Instead of the dried parsley and garlic powder I used garlic salt with the parsley in it)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. dried tarragon leaves, crushed (I used fresh)
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus cut in 1" pieces, cooked and drained (I used broccoli)
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese



BAKE pastry shells according to pkg. directions.



MIX soup, milk, mustard, wine, parsley, sugar, onion powder, tarragon and garlic powder in saucepan. Stir in ham, asparagus and cheese. Heat through.


SERVE in pastry shells.

8 comments:

  1. Actually that makes you a good blog friend, whereas those people who fail to do memes for which they are tagged are terrible blog friends.

    [looking around and whistling nonchalantly]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, you are a good blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Num Num Num Num Num

    I'd love to try one of these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm never buying a cookbook again. i'll just refer to this blog for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for an event--I never do those recipes that I've got bookmarked. I really should pull them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These would be very cute for a shower or other ladies luncheon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a fantabulastic blog friend!!!! You didn't need to join in the event to be able to say it either.

    You've made a fantastic dish here, has everything i love in it and I wouldn't be waiting for winter for it either!

    ReplyDelete