1) It takes forever to heat up
2) It takes forever to clean up So most of the time I use my grill pan, but I have an alternative cooking method. It's a lazy girl's guide to cooking steak.
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F. Rub steak with olive oil; coat with salt and pepper.
2. Sear in hot skillet for 2 minutes per side. Rest seared steaks on wire rack over shallow baking pan. Baste seared steak with a garlic-infused, extra-virgin olive oil. Place baking pan with rack of steaks in oven.
3. Finish steaks in 325 F oven for up to 25-30 minutes "to reach a rosy pink medium."