Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Steak Sandwiches and Symphony



There was a concert in the park last night. Now that I have free time, a concert in the park is THE thing to do. And it wasn't just any concert, it was the Pacific Symphony. My brother came with us and I packed us a picnic dinner. We sat on the grass, under the blue sky, listening to the symphony and eating steak sandwiches, grilled corn, and salad. I was actually really impressed with my little picnic because everything stayed warm! I made the steak sandwiches into Paninis with my George Foreman grill, and wrapped the corn in aluminum foil and it was just the best picnic!


It was nice catching up with my bro too, even though we live so close I don't get to see him very often because he's so busy. Last night was no exception. He had plans before our dinner, and multiple plans for after. Must suck to be so popular. I wouldn't know. He got the good genes.



Pesto Steak Paninis
3/4 cup cilantro
3 Tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
1 Tbsp chopped jalepeno
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp non-fat yogurt
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
1 lb flank steak
4 panini rolls

1) combine first 6 ingredients in food processor. Process till smooth. Add yogurt and lime juice. Process till smooth.
2) Heat grill pan and cook steak 6 minutes each side, or until done.
3) Let steak cool, and then slice.
4) Place pesto and steak on the pannini roll and place in George Foreman Grill. Cook until grill marks show up on bread.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those steak paninis look so delicious!

    It makes me so happy to see you out and about enjoying life now. :)

    BUT I am totally sad we didn't get to meet at Moreno's. We must plan another "freeway series" GTG!

    ReplyDelete