Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Runday: Ready or Not...

Today's the day!  My first race of 2014.  My first 10-mile race!  (Not my first 10 mile run, but the first time I'll get a medal for running 10 miles).  Which means that however I do, it's going to be a PR.  Which is a good thing, since I'm not expecting to do so well.

You see, as is my usual luck, I happened to get sick RIGHT before the race.  On Tuesday to be exact.  With Bronchitis to be more exact.  I've been super babying myself (talk about a taper week!) and taking good care of myself.  And I won't be running my little heart out, it'll be more of a measured jog.  But I don't want to miss what should be a truly amazing race. 

At least it better be - the expo was a bit disappointing, so much so I have no pictures of that to share with you.  Instead, just think good thoughts for me and my little lungs.  See you on the other side of the finish!



4 comments:

  1. I hope you rocked it, lady! I'm super impressed your even thinking about it after being sick. I am so wimpy when I'm filling under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronchitis is the worst. The worst! Kudos to you for running through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember it was a dreadful period for me. My son was running like crazy and my husband and I had to divide our house in two territories of "jurisdiction" so as not to have to run around the whole place haha!

    ReplyDelete