Jalapeno Tequila Chicken
2 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup tequila
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
juice from 1 lime
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Dredge the chicken in flower and saute 6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add onions to pan and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the jalapenos and bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tequila and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until tequila has reduced.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and chicken to pan. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 8 minutes.