This is a remake of the classic pecan sandy. The cookie itself is thinner, crisper, sweeter. And instead of being topped with a single pecan, I topped mine with chopped pecans. So there's a little pecan in every bite.
1/2 lb butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, separated
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375. Cream the butter in an electric mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and flour.
- Pat into a cookie sheet sprayed with baking spray.
- Beat the egg white until foamy. Brush on top of dough.
- Sprinkle with pecans, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake for 17 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.