Know what's fun? Getting take out and vegging in front of the tv. Know what's fun AND healthy? Making your own take out!
One of my fellow bloggers calls dinners like this "take out fake out" because it tastes as good as the "real thing." Personally, I think it tastes better! Especially because this is a meal we never order for take out, yet eating it at home is perfect because it has all the flavors of our favorite Chinese foods.
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 green peppers, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 package dry brown gravy mix, mixed with water
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Marinate the steak overnight in the soy and worcestershire
2) Cook steak in large saucepan with a tiny bit of olive oil.
3) When it is a little more than halfway done, add the garlic, peppers, onions, and red pepper flakes.
4) After 4-5 minutes, add 3/4 of the gravy. Mix the remaining gravy with 1 tbsp flour and set aside. Simmer 10 min.
5) Add remaining gravy/flour mixture. Simmer another 5 min. Serve over rice.