Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

I like to eat eat eat eat eat eat Apples and Bananas


I'll admit it. I grew up on Raffi. Baby Baluga, Down by the Bay, and of course, Apples and Bananas. Maybe that's why this morning when I had the brilliant idea to make banana muffins I also felt the need to make apple muffins.

Of course, it could have also been the 1 apple I wanted to use up......since I still have a mountain of persimmons I decided to add that to my apple muffins.

And the results? Drumroll please........



The banana muffins tasted amazing, although they were a little on the short side. Unlike the apple-persimmon muffins which were beautiful looking and great tasting. I liked to ate ate ate ate ate ate ay-pples and ba-nay-nay muffins!

Banana Oat Muffin
1 cup AP flour
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed slightly
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until blended, scraping sides occasionally.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture, then bananas just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
6. Bake 25 minutes. On wire rack cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
7. Blend butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract until smooth. Chill. Drizzle over tops of cooled muffins.

Apple Persimmon Muffins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 apple - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 1 persimmon - peeled, cored, and chopped
  1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
  2. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and butter. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined. Fold in chopped apples and persimmons. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. OMG I saw the title of this and immediately began singing this song...ugh, it will be in my head all day!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea whatsoever of who this Raffi dude is.

    But nice muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooooly cow I love you for the Raffi reference. And now I have "epples and banenes" in my head. I want your muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, i LOVED raffi!!! those muffins look really yummy, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you find time to make all this food??

    Muffins look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i grew up on all those songs too. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling. Seriously drooling.

    ReplyDelete