Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How to get your husband to eat veggies



Jon was never a big vegetable eater. I didn't ever realize this because he always eats them when I cook them from him. He told me this after we had been married a few months.

J: You know, I don't like vegetables, especially zucchini.
K: Really? I never knew! I'm so sorry I make zucchini all the time! I'll make something else.
J: Actually, I like them the way you make them. I guess I just never had them that way.
K: Really? I just saute them with spices.......how did your dad make them?
J: He boiled them.

Boiled veggies? Ew gross. No wonder my poor husband didn't like vegetables! I steam, roast, sautee and he gobbles it down. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have some great spices in there!


Sauteed Zucchini
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Zucchini, cut into 1/4" slices
1/8 cup almond slivers
1/8 cup slivered fresh basil
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper

1) Heat 1/2 Tbsp oil in nonstick skillet.
2) Add zucchini and cook until tender, remove from skillet
3) Add remaining oil and ingredients to skillet
4) Cook until heated through and pour over zucchini and toss

5 comments:

  1. Jon's family home cooking gets more and more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bizarre -- I also sauteed zucchini for dinner last night. I used garlic instead of basil and added some balsamic vinegar, but otherwise they sound the same. Yummy zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor thing :( your cooking must seriously be like a breath of fresh air to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love that to work on my hubby. He told me very early on that he only eats potatoes, peas and beans and even hates the sight of fruit or veg... i need to hide mine when I have some! It's quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally using this.. like tonight.. How easy! And sounds so yummy.


    ::::printing now:::

    ReplyDelete