J: This pork is really good - is this a ketchup sauce?
K: There's ketchup in it, but I wouldn't call it a ketchup sauce.
J: Well what kind of sauce is it?
K: It's like a blackberry sauce.
J: Really? I'd never have guessed that.
Apparently the mix of steak sauce and ketchup disguises the taste of the blackberry preserves which then become just a way to add sweetness. The whole meal was yummy and I made 3 chops so there's even leftovers for when I finish the million slices of pizza left over from Jon's birthday.
Glazed Pork Chops (from Allrecipes)
- 3 pork loin or rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat broiler to High.
- Broil pork chops 3 to 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn; broil 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Brush pork with sauce. Continue broiling, turning and brushing with sauce, 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until pork is no longer pink in center. Bring remaining sauce to a boil; serve with pork chops.