Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

But its not breaded!!!!

I'm a big fan of chicken parmesean. It's easy, it's cheesy and its chicken. Most of the time I make it in the oven by breading it and baking it. But tonight I decided I wanted to take a short cut. This is mostly due to the fact there was another accident on the freeway on my way home disabling the interstate.

So I did what any good cook would do and improvise. Can I tell you a secret? I think this is my new favorite chicken parm because its soooo cheesy. Of course this could be because I dumped a lot of cheese on top. Here's another secret - a good cook waits to start drinking until after dinner is made.


Stovetop Chicken Parmesean
1/8 cup grated parmesean cheese
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1) Stir 1 1/2 Tbsp parmesean cheese into tomato sauce.
2) Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until browned
3) Pour sauce over chicken. Cover. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes
4) Top with mozzarella and remaining parmesean. Let stand 5 minutes to melt cheese.

2 comments: