It's not just Thatbaby getting older, but my little cousins are growing up too! When we moved to California, Mustang was just a little thing. Bigger than Thatbaby, but not by that much. This weekend he moved in to his new digs down here in San Diego to start college. COLLEGE!
Saturday night we went out for a big family dinner with everyone. Thatboy and I showed up a little rough and tumble since we had spent the day at the Wild Animal Park.
Workwife and her husband left on Monday to celebrate their first anniversary in Europe. But before they left, they needed to test out their new camera The animals at the park make the perfect test subjects.
Thatbaby loves Workwife too.
With September around the corner, and Mustang starting school, it's clear that fall is right around the corner. Which means it's just about time for chili season! In preparation, here's a sweet and soft corn cake - perfect for the most wonderful time of the year.
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups milk
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Cream the butter in an electric mixture, then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternate adding this dry mixture and the milk to the butter, starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in a third of the beaten egg whites, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon the batter into a greased 8x8 dish. Bake for 30 minutes.