Friends, I'm tired. Exhausted really.
It's been a long week and I'm ready for it to be over.
I've already spent 2 mornings in court, with another morning tomorrow. And mornings in court mean I have to leave the house an hour earlier than usual.
Tonight I feel like I could quite literally fall asleep on my feet. I ended up skipping my evening run, and while I may regret it in the long-run, tonight all I can think about is my beautiful, fluffy, mounds of pillows.
So much so, that I think I emulated that fluffy mound with tonight's dinner. A big, fluffy, mound of chicken. Don't you just want to curl right up and rest your head upon it? Or how about the fluffy mound of avocado? Are you yawning yet?
Sandwiches are one of Thatbaby's favorite foods. And I like that they're easy when I'm feeling worn out from the week. But easy doesn't have to mean boring. This twist on a classic chicken salad sandwich is packed with a flavor punch from chipotles in adobo. Smothered in cheese, and topped with creamy avocado, it's a warm respite after a long hard day.
Southwestern Chicken Melt
1 chicken breast, cooked
1 Tbsp chipotles in adobo
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
salt and pepper
1 slice of colby jack cheese
2 slices of bread, toasted
- Shred chicken breast with 2 forks.
- Combine chipotles in adobo, Greek yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir chicken into yogurt mixture and mound on 1 slice of bread.
- Place slice of cheese on top. Place under broiler and broil just until cheese starts to melt.
- Top cheese with the avocado and place remaining sliced of bread on top.