Thatbaby is getting very advanced in his swim lessons.
This week he learned to swim underwater.
Which is helpful, because right now, he does very little to pull his weight around the house. But now all that's going to change. Now that he can swim underwater we're putting him to work. He's officially in charge of catching dinner.
Unfortunately for us, there is very little sea-life in the YMCA pool. So for now, we still have to pick up our own, already caught by someone else, shrimp.
But it's worth it. I can't get enough of sweet summer shrimp. And you don't have to do much to it to get its flavors to sing. Some of this shrimp was simply sauteed and served on a salad. This one benefited from my grill pan and some butter.
Grilled Shrimp with Herb Butter
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, cut in half
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter and stir in parsley.
- Place the shrimp on the grill pan in a single layer and place the lemons, cut side down on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp about 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Place the shrimp on serving dish and pour the herb butter over. Serve with lemon half.