Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Bring on the heat!



There is nothing more frustrating than summer colds.  Both Thatbaby and I came down with something this weekend.  He's battling a fever, I've got post-nasal drip and a nasty persistent cough.

It's awful to walk around sounding like you're going to cough up a lung when the weather is so nice outside.  I'd much rather be sick when the weather outside is frightful. 

But there's very little you can do other than suck it up and get over it.  At least that's my philosophy.  I try not to let the cold control my life and for the most part that works pretty well for me.  I'm usually feeling better within a couple of days.  We're not there yet, but I'm working on it!  I also up my spicy food intake during a cold.  Part of the sweat-it-out method, but also an attempt to wake up my tastebuds, dulled by the illness.  These make my nose run, which can only help get this thing out of my system, right?

Sweet and Spicy Wings
1 pkg chicken wings
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 500.  Place wings on a greased cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
  2. While they're cooking, combine honey, butter, and wing sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes.
  3. Toss the cooked wings with the wing sauce and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Feel better! Mike and Ellie are both battling colds right now and it's not fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you and your baby will recover well soon. I hate cold summer too... very disappointing to experience that after a long wait after winter.

    Nice to use your oven to cook these delicious wings to warm up your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for sweating out a cold! Although I usually do it in long run form.

    ReplyDelete