Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Curried Away



Happy Monday everybody! Check me out - actually remembering Monday! And this was a busy one. I spent my lunch running about doing some errands, ended up working later than I was expecting, which was especially devastating because Thatboy ended up getting out of work early. Of course that kind of stuff always happens, doesn't it?

This week on Eat.Live.Be. we're discussing our tips and tricks for when we're "too tired."




Today I'm in a really good mood, not tired. Maybe because it's the beginning of the week? Who knows. Which is not to say I never get tired. And some days are worse than others. Honestly, this is one of the reasons I run in the morning. Because frankly, by the time I get home the LAST thing I want to do is work out. Because I'm tired. In the morning, I have to get up to walk Thatdog anyway, so there's really no option. I guess that's solution number 1 - get a dog. No no no, I'm just joking about that. Really it's find a schedule that works for you.

But for the past few months I've been working out after work too - when I can get home before Thatboy. And that's where solution 2 comes in - find an easy alternate. For me, that's my prenatal pilates video. It's in 10 minute segments. Even if I don't want to work out. Even if I don't want to go to the gym, it's not hard to convince myself to stick in a 10 minute workout.

Solution 3 is all about cooking. In generally, I try to keep weeknight meals easy - 20 minutes or less. Unfortunately, I'm not always great about remembering to prep some of my meals. Which means very often I realize that I have not soaked my beans right about the time I want to make a dish with beans. So I always have a backup in the freezer. Which is very helpful except right around the time we're moving.

This is a very quick curry meal for when you're too tired to cook. I made it with lamb, but as usual, you can easily use it with any cooked meat or leftovers you have on hand. Ready in under 20 minutes!



Curried Lamb with Apple
1 chopped onion
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup cooked lamb
1 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup beef broth
1 tsp curry powder
1 apple peeled and sliced
1/2 Tbsp raisins
salt and pepper
  1. Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the onions until they are translucent.
  2. Add the lamb and sprinkle flour over all.
  3. Add the broth, stirring until thick.
  4. Add the curry, apples, raisins, salt and pepper and cover. Simmer about 8 minutes, until the apples are tender.
Don't forget to check in with the other bloggers:

5 comments:

  1. Your curry sounds perfect for cooks ina hurry. The photo is terrific and the dish is quite appealing. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to be super impressed that you cooked edible lamb in 20 minutes, but then it said to use cooked lamb. Doh! Sounds tasty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curry meal in 20 mins. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This curry is very unique, looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww.. these look so creamy and yummy.. :)

    ReplyDelete