Last year around this time we were returning from Mexico and searching for puppies. I had spent hours combing the markets and shops searching for the perfect margarita glasses. We do a lot of margaritas in Thathouse and I've always wanted some of those beautiful hand crafted glasses to serve them in.
But the glasses have served so many other purposes. They're great for fruit salad and ice cream sundaes! To reminisce on our Mexican adventures I made us some shrimp cocktails and serve them in our margarita glasses. They're so fun and colorful and festive that way!
I also spiced up the shrimp quite a bit - they burn on the way down, but in a good way. The salsa gives a little sweetness and cools it down a smidge, but just a smidge. Because everything's better with a little spice.
Spicy Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine 1/2 Tbsp chile powder, red pepper, onion, cilantro, and juice of 1/2 lime. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- In a ziplock, combine shrimp, 1/2 Tbsp chile powder and juice of remaining half lime. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Grill shrimp until pink and serve with salsa.
Each serving has:
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15.0 g|