Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Only two for tea dear


Okay, it's catch up time! Since I've been so good about blogging all my Garlic and Sapphires recipes, the other recipes I've been making have gone to the wayside. I mean, you didn't think we had vanilla cake for dinner did you? So now it's time to showcase some of the other recipes I've made recently.

This is a super oldie. Back from when I had all that cream of mushroom soup floating around from experiments with green beans. I actually had about half a can left and didn't want to waste it, so I decided to use it for some baked orzo. (Raise your hand if you are seeing the orzo phase I'm going through right now?) This is a combo of two different recipe ideas. The first is the baked stuffed shells I make which also uses cream of...soup and chicken and breadcrumbs, and the second is the baked pasta dishes I love like baked ziti or penne. So this is baked orzo, made in the style of stuffed shells....yeah.....something like that. Whatever it is, it's creamy and filling and gives you that warm tummy feeling like you just ate a bowl of mashed potatoes. Or maybe you don't eat bowls of mashed potatoes? If you don't, you should. I promise it will wash away all your troubles.


Baked Chicken and Orzo
  • 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • pepper
  • 1/8 cup parmesean cheese
  • 1/4 cup frozen green beans
  • 1/4 cup frozen corn
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
  • 1 cup orzo, cooked
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
  1. Preheat oven to 400. Mix together milk, pepper, parmesan, veggies, chicken and orzo in baking dish.
  2. Bake 25 minutes.
  3. Top with cheddar cheese.
Serves 2.

Each serving has:
Calories 617.0
Total Fat 18.0 g
Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
Protein 36.0 g

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! That looks fantastic. What a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love recipes with cream of... soup.

    ReplyDelete