Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Mommy Mondays: Got a minute? Or 10?

It's funny the things you take for granted before you have a child.  You know, like having free time to work out?

When I was in school, it was easy.  I could easily fit in some gym time before, between, or after classes.  In law school I'd even do my reading on a bike or elliptical.

When I graduated and was studying for the bar, I still managed to get in a run every day.

And when I started working, I'd hit the gym or go for a run before work.

But now?  I do what I can, when I can.  And I try to do a little something each day.  So for those of you who are in a similar predicament, here are some of my favorite short-on-time exercises.


*  When I was pregnant, I went for a run every morning, but it was a slow run.  I also wanted to work in some strength/cross training so I picked up the 10 minute solutions prenatal pilates.  It's hard to justify not having 10 minutes to spare.




















* I used this same philosophy after Thatbaby was born and stuck with short video workouts.  30 minutes a day.  Again, hard to claim you don't have the time.  I'm a fan of the Jillian Michaels regimes.

* If you have on demand or roku, or amazon prime, or even youtube there are tons of short workout videos you can find.  I do a lot of cardio kickbox and yoga in my living room!

* One of my other tricks is to multitask - this past year I've discovered television workouts. They're like drinking games, but with pushups and bicycle curls instead of shots. Google your favorite television show + workout and you'll find loads.  It makes me feel better about television time we spend, and less lazy!

1 comment:

  1. I love that television show workout idea! Like a drinking game but with pushups...ha! If only I'd known about these during the intense med school years!

    ReplyDelete