Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Meat and Potatoes: Maple Glazed Pork


I used to make pork a lot more often.  It's so easy, and a tenderloin is the perfect size for our little family.  Before Thatbaby was born it was just a smidgen too big, but now it serves the three of perfectly.   We're at the Goldilocks stage of pork tenderloin.

We were out to dinner not too long ago when I ordered a pork chop and I realized it was far too long since pork has graced my table. It was time to make a revival.  Especially since pork seems like such a great fall food.  It pairs well with other fall flavors like apples, cinnamon, and maple.  This is a really basic maple glaze.  As a syrup, it's already a little glazey even without making a reduction of it.  When roasting meats, I like to throw some potatoes on the pan for an easy side.  Because let's face it, I'm fairly lazy when it comes to side dishes.


Maple Glazed Pork
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp ground pepper
1 pork tenderloin
1 Tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup maple
2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Tbsp bourbon

  1. Preheat oven to 375.  Combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. 
  2. Roll the tenderloin in the cornstarch mixture.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the tenderloin on all sides and transfer to a wire rack on a baking sheet.
  3. Combine 1/2 cup of the maple syrup with the bourbon and orange juice in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, until reduced by half.
  4. Brush the tenderloin with the glaze and roast for 20 minutes.
  5. Brush the tenderloin again and cook another 5 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. I love pork too and I cook it with prunes as well! This one looks irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer. Roasted potatoes on the side are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will soon need to cook double of this portion when That baby is becoming That boy... or even triple if you are going to have two That boys! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I cut a pork loin in half it is just perfect for my needs. Loving the maple glaze. It would compliment pork so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pork definitely does feel like a fall food, especially when paired with maple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree...pork is great during the fall, especially when it's glazed with maple syrup! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete