Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Fever Pitch: Crockpot Chicken Tacos


Over the weekend, Thatbaby developed a bit of a froggy throat.  We canceled plans so that he could stay inside and rest up.  Not because we're such amazing parents, but because Thatbaby's school was closed on Thursday and Friday.  Thatboy and I were already taking time off and neither of us wanted to take more time off if he got sick.

You all know where this is heading, right?  Monday at 4:55pm I got a call from Thatbaby's school to let us know he was running a fever.  Poor kid was miserable when I picked him up, so Thatboy and I arranged our schedules to stay home with him on Tuesday.

Tuesday he was back to normal.  No fever, full of energy, ready to go.  Wednesday he was back to school.  Yesterday I had morning shift and the little guy woke at 4something in the morning.  So it wasn't too surprising that he was ready for a nap around 11am, over an hour earlier than usual.  Thatboy and I switched off around 12:30, and Thatbaby ended up sleeping until 2:30!!!!  But he woke up running a fever again.  Poor guy.  Looks like we'll be laying low today too.

When I'm home with Thatbaby, very little gets done.  It's hard to entertain him and try to clean, cook, or even go to the bathroom by myself.  So I make a lot of use of the crockpot.  Because I can toss things in quickly and be off picking up blocks, or helping finger paint.  Thatbaby didn't enjoy these tacos - he ended up having a smoothie for dinner, because in this house, when you're sick, you get special dinner requests met. Thatboy and I had no problem polishing off the tacos without him.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 chicken breasts
1 can of rotel
1/4 cup water
  1. Combine the salt, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder in small bowl.  Place in bottom of crockpot.
  2. Place chicken breasts on top of the seasoning.
  3. Pour Rotel and water over chicken.  Cook on low for 5 hours.  
  4. Remove chicken and shred with two forks.  Put chicken back in crockpot and cook for another 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Aww poor ThatBaby!! Hope he's better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a new mom, the crockpot and me are becoming fast friends. I'm so sorry that Thatbaby was sick! No fun. But these tacos look pretty perfect. Thank you for sharing. What a delicious way to end my weekend and start my week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the little one is feeling better. I would have helped you finish off the crock pot tacos. That is a good meal when time is an issue.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete