Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sweets for my sweets



There's something about February that gets the sweet tooth going. Maybe it's all the candy and chocolate we've sworn off since January 1. Whatever the reason, I'm sure you've noticed that in terms of Valentine's Day, most of the recipes tend to feature dessert.

And why not? I mean it is a day celebrating love - something very sweet. And if you're like me, you're much more apt to share a dessert with your loved one than you are a nice bowl of pasta.

Then again, maybe you're not a good dessert sharer. I know Thatboy is lucky to be with someone who usually only wants a bite of whatever we share. Thatdad on the other hand, was known to tell Thatmom that she should get her own. He didn't share nicely with others.

If you're not a good sharer, this dessert is for you. Also, inevitably after next week, you're going to wish you hadn't eaten quite so much candy and chocolate because it won't be long before bathing suits start popping up in stores. You're not going to want a giant cheesecake sitting in your fridge. These little cheesecake tarts are great for a single serving. Sweet, small, and gone in an instant. Tell your loved one how important they are to you. Then tell them to get their own.

Cheesecake Tartlettes
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Press into the bottom of tartlette pans. Refrigerate.
2. Combine the cream cheese, remaining sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixture and mix for 5 minutes. Pour into tartlette pans.
3. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Refrigerate overnight before serving.

6 comments:

  1. I think true love only goes so far where desserts are involved. I'll definitely make a lot rather than have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By February 14th we are ready to tweak our New Years resolutions and reintroduce some wonderful desserts back into our lives. These tartlettes are the way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really are gorgeous! They press all my buttons. They are beautiful and packed with ingredients I love. This recipe is a definite hit. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so awesome at sharing desserts either. Although I really truly would like to be. But sometimes my gluttonous side gets in the way. These cheesecake tarts are fantabulous for someone like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. This sounds wonderful. Cheesecakes always do! (And it doesn't seem too complicated, which is a bonus!) Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Single servings! Is there anything better?

    ReplyDelete