Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Something Nice Steak



Thatboy has been especially sweet to me lately. Mostly it's in the things he says, like when he offered to stop by Target and pick me up some twizzlers because lately at night I want something sweet that's not chocolate. But sometimes his actions are equally as sweet. I don't always sleep well at night. Part of the problem is Thatboy gets up 2-3 times a night to hit the bathroom. Sometimes I can sleep through it, sometimes I can't. In my lightened sleep state last night, I vaguely became aware someone was standing over me, tucking me in. This morning, I confronted Thatboy.

Me: Did you tuck me in this morning?
TB: Yeah, I was going to the bathroom and I noticed you didn't have any sheets. I didn't want you to get cold.
Me: Yeah, I remember not being able to get any sheets a little before that, because you had taken them all. You did that this weekend too.
TB: Yeah, I felt bad.

I wanted to do something nice for him too. You would think that I would go all out and make a fabulous dinner right? Well, check your calendar. It's still a weeknight, and there's still a trial going on. So I had to make something quick, and something easy, but still something fancy. Thatboy is typical of most men, in that he's not one to turn down a nice steak. I swear yesterday the cooking board I frequent had a ton of london broil requests, which reminded me it has been forever since I've made london broil. Since all you're doing is broiling a steak, it's one of the fastest ways cook. I do love broiling for a nice quick meal. Traditionally, London Broil is made with flank steak. Thatboy HATES flank steak, so I tend to use sirloin instead. Save the salt and pepper for after cooking, to really let the flavor come through.



London Broil
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced in half
1 lb sirloin
1 Tbsp canola oil
salt and pepper

1. Preheat the broiler. Rub the garlic halves on both sides of the steak.
2. Rub the steak with the canola oil, using some to coat the broiler pan.
3. Place steak on a broiler pan and cook 4-5 minutes each side.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cut along the diagonal so it's nice and tender.

5 comments:

  1. Steak seems to be the way to a meat and potatoes kind of guys stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys are so cute! I need to find a man to bake some steak for. Possibly just so that I have an excuse to make steak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it is cooked to perfection! YUM! So sweet. Now, I know something else you can do for YOU and for Thatboy. Have him see a doctor. Truly. It is not natural to be up three times in the night to go to the bathroom. That is definitely a sign that something is amiss. I don't want to worry you, but get him to a doctor. He is FAR to sweet to leave this (whatever it is) for too long.
    :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about Thatboy, he's had very frequent urination since birth. Doctors say it's normal. He goes to the bathroom a ridiculous amount during the day too, and car trips are the worst! TMIL is just as bad, so it must be hereditary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Looks delicious! I've been really wanting to make some steak recently, but I am trying to hold out until I can cook it outside (cooking it inside makes me ill ...not kidding, wish I was). I bet this would be fab on the grill.

    ReplyDelete