Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hot and Cold: Chocolate Hazlenut Milkshake


You guys - it is HOT here.  Did you notice the word all in capital letters?  That's because I'm not fooling around.  It's been in the 90s.  It's still April!  Wasn't I just complaining about the cold wet weather last week?  And now Thatboy and I are sitting and watching television with all the fans going and all the windows open and all the doors open.  Because it's April - it's too early for air conditioning.


And probably only exacerbating the warmth and beauty of the outside, Thatkid and I are both sick.  I hate being sick when it isn't awful outside.  No problem staying at home on the couch when it's cold and gloomy.  But who wants to be stuck inside on a sunny day?

Neither of us has much of an appetite, but I have found myself to be ridiculously thirsty, so I'm trying to get as much nutrition as I can in the liquid form.  Most of the time this means something nice and healthy, like smoothies teaming with greek yogurt, fruit, and not much else. 

Sometimes however this means ice cream - the liquid form of ice cream that is - milkshakes!  Maybe not high on nutrition, but hey, dairy is a protein, right?  And the added calories only help my body fight off whatever's going on! 

The idea of hazelnut and chocolate isn't a new one.  Most of you have heard of Nutella, right?  When I saw hazelnut and salted caramel ice cream in the store, I scooped it up.  I knew it could only be improved with the addition of chocolate syrup.  And I was right! 


Hazelnut Chocolate Milkshake
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
2 scoops of hazelnut ice cream
  1. Combine ingredients quickly in a blender.
  2. Pour into cup, or just add a straw to the blender.

1 comment:

  1. It is HOT here too...we totally turned on the A/C a few times. Definitely milkshake season!

    ReplyDelete