Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Runday: Spring Changes

On Monday morning my alarm went off at 6am, so I could get up for a run.   And I looked around my room thinking "Man, it is REALLY dark."  Which is when I remembered the effect of daylight savings time.  It wasn't really 6am, it was 5am!  Which meant that it would be really dark my entire run.  I would get home from my run, and it would still be dark.  And so I turned over, and went back to sleep.

I spent that day trying to figure out a new running plan.  Mornings were out - too dark.  I could do after dinner again, but I've been doing pilates after dinner, and I love it as a strength training routine and because as long as I'm doing pilates, I have no back pain.  L&O suggested I run during my "lunch."    It was a great idea, and one I started this past week.  I don't actually run at lunch - I don't have a set lunch time, and since there are no showers in my office, I try to do my runs in the late afternoon to cut down on the time I'm spending offending office-mates.

The plus side of my new running routine?  This is my new daily running route:


Yeah, that's the ocean right over there.  I run through this little palm lined path, cross the street, and run alongside the water.

The con?  Consistency.  Tuesday was fine.  Wednesday I had to cut it very close because my boss likes to call late afternoon meetings that end up taking the entire afternoon.  Thursday I didn't get a run in because I spent the day at a site inspection.  And Friday I wasn't at work, so I didn't get a run in.  That means instead of running 6 days this week, I ran 3.  I'm going to have to work on alternative solutions for rough days.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm that is tough. And yes, the dark is INSANELY dark. Hopefully as we get farther into summer, it will start getting lighter earlier!

    ReplyDelete