Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pies in Review

I've mentioned before I've been going through a "pie phase" as of late. Experimenting with crusts and fillings.  We've been eating a lot of pie round these parts.  To temper the intake, I've been making mini-pies, using my tartlet pans.  It's ingenious really, because we get to try a bunch of different varieties, with no leftovers!


So you'll be seeing pies making a frequent appearance here, but I thought I would start out with a roundup of some of my favorites.  Or ones I am especially proud of.

Stay tuned for more information on my pie adventure!


Blueberry Pie - Thatboy's favorite.  So simple, just fresh blueberries tossed with a simple syrup sauce.


Cherry Pie - my very first lattice pie!

Pecan Pie - not quite as good as Thatmom's, but pretty sweet!

Cottage Cheese Pie - The love child of cheesecake and pie: the best of both worlds.

Lemon Meringue Pie - My first meringue pie!  This is TMIL's specialty, so I've never made it.  Thatboy thought this was "pretty damn good."

Lemon Crumb Pie - I never really liked lemon desserts as a child, but now I can't get enough of them.
 
Coconut Custard Pie - Playing into Thatbaby's love of all things coconut right now.


Coconut Cream Pie - Another classic and my first successful cream pie.  It just worked!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you really HAVE been on a pie kick! I love the tartlet pan idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Look at all of those pies. Maybe switching to desserts would help me get some of my kitchen mojo back... Though I'd have a hard time doing all of the work without a plan for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete