Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Runday: The Fit Foodie 5k Weekend and Discount!

Do you remember the first time you had a Reeses peanut butter cup?  A revelation - two things you like, chocolate and peanut butter, combined in one fantastic union.

For me, I had a similar experience last year when I heard about the Fit Foodie Run.  Originally part of the San Diego Food and Wine Festival, it was a 5k, thrown by Cooking Light Magazine, connected with food and wine tastings.

Running?  Cooking Light?  Food and wine?  What a perfect pairing.  I knew immediately it was something I wanted to do.  The only problem?  It was on Thatboy's birthday.  And it wasn't stroller friendly.  I couldn't justify ditching Thatboy on his birthday to deal with our ever so early rising son so that I could run a race.

This year I'm excited to say that not only will I be running the Fit Foodie 5k, but I was also selected to be an ambassador for the entire race weekend!



You read that right, race weekend.  Because this race isn't just about the race itself, it's about bringing together food and fitness for an entire weekend.  The theme this year is "Calories Burned.  Calories Earned."  which makes sense, for an event that combines eating, drinking, and fun fitness activities.

The weekend begins Friday evening with a "Light Up the Night VIP Cocktail Party."  It's drinks and dinner with celebrity chefs and the editors from Cooking Light and Health magazines, tips for fueling, running, and giveaways

We're back Saturday morning for the main event, the "Fit Foodie 5k", a race through downtown San Diego.  What sets this race apart from others is that the Finisher's Village, filled with celebrity chef demos, wine and beer tasting, fitness booths, and food samples from some of our killer San Diego restaurants.

If you thought you were done there, you'd be wrong.  Because the fun continues Sunday morning!  Choose between a Yoga Class run by a celebrity trainer or Power Bootcamp run by Patrick Goudeau.  And follow that up with a healthy and nutritious brunch.


I'm so excited about this weekend you guys.  And I'd love to have each and every one of you join me.  You can pick up tickets for any or all of these events from the Fit Foodie Website, and as a perk of being an ambassador I have a special discount to share with you - enter the code KATORADE and get 10% off your entry.  The code is good for any of the events, or all three.  I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. !!!! That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete