We are quickly coming up on the last baby of 2012! Jurisslave is due next weekend, so we were getting a little into crunch time with regards to planning her celebration. Due to the success that was Superwoman's spa night, we planned a repeat for Jurisslave.
It was not as much of a success. The traffic kept everyone from arriving on time. The spa was much less accomodating than they were last time, and our star of honor didn't even get a treatment! The only positive thing that came out of the evening was that we took over the lounge and enjoyed each other's company while drinking their free drinks. Needless to say, we're on the hunt for a new spa for our girls' night outs.
A night out with the girls means the boys are on their own for food. Well, I should rephrase that. It means the boys eats without me. Leaving chicken in the crockpot makes Thatboy's life very easy. Leaving him tortillas cups ready to fill and toss in the oven makes it even easier.
2 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 can black beans
12 taco-sized flour tortillas
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Combine tomatoes, taco seasoning, water, and oil in a crockpot.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the sauce with the black beans.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spay a muffin tin with baking spray. Fold the tortillas so they make little cups that fit in the muffin tins. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cups are crisp.
- Fill each tortilla cup with the chicken and beans.
- Top each tortilla cup with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.