While you're reading this, there's a pretty good chance I'm sitting in a car. Heading home. And there's an even better chance that I am so thankful to be heading home. We spent the past weekend with the inlaws in Yosemite, a trip I'll be recapping over the next few days. The inlaws and a toddler. Which explains the eagerness to be home.
But before we get to the recaps, I thought I'd share a pre-cap! I take my packing very seriously. I tried to pack lightly before, but now that we have Thatbaby's gear in addition to my own I try to go even lighter! So this is my stash for a 6 day "camping" trip (if your idea of camping includes staying at a lodge in a National Park).
*Cardigan for chilly nights
*Button down shirt which can be worn as a coverup, light jacket, or for cooler weather
*maxi dress for a night out
* bras and underwear
*jeans (regular and colored)
* pair of shorts
* pair of nylon pants for hiking
As evidenced by my suitcase, I'm fairly simple when it comes to my vacation wardrobe. But simple isn't always bad. And most of the time, summer calls for simple. Like a simple grilled chicken topped with the best tomatoes summer has to offer, citrusy mustard and juicy avocados. Sandwiched between two slices of chewy sourdough bread and you'll agree that sometimes "light" is the way to go.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate (thawed)
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp cumin
2 breasts of chicken
4 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
red leaf lettuce
1 heirloom tomato, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
- Combine greek yogurt, orange juice, lime juice, mustard, and cumin in a bowl.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill 5 minutes on each side. Cover pan and cook an additional 5 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Spread a Tbsp of the yogurt sauce on two of the toasted bread slices.
- Top each slice with lettuce, chicken breast slices, tomato slices, avocado slices, and the remaining slices of toast.