Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Soccer Star: Roast New Potatoes with Rock Salt and Rosemary


With baseball season over, it was time to pack up the mitt and move on.  For Thatkid, that means soccer!

JDubb's mom found a league that only met once a week that had 2 open spots and just like that Thatkid and JDubb became Pumas.

 Thatkid loves soccer.  And he's pretty good at it.  I say that with the objective awareness that he's my son and I'm probably biased.  But he's fast, he's aggressive, and he's dedicated.



Thatboy was in the right place at the right time (or maybe the wrong place at the wrong time) and ended up getting made coach of the team!



And, with the objective awareness that he's my husband and I'm probably biased, he's a pretty fantastic coach.  He does a great job of rotating the kids when he sees them getting tired, and ensures that everyone gets to play whatever position they want.


So right now, and for the next few months our Saturdays are soccer Saturdays.  But my boys wouldn't have it any other way.

Not only is it soccer season, but its now officially fall.  According to the calendar.  And the overcast clouds and rain have rolled in.  It's still pretty warm out, but the grey skies make warm cozy meals seem fitting.  I've pulled out the crockpot.  I'm roasting vegetables.  The nice thing about roasted vegetables is that they aren't labor intensive.  Toss them on a pan with some oil, salt, and herbs and let the oven do the rest.

I love the way roasted potatoes get crisp, and a pan of potatoes goes with just about anything.  We had these with crockpot short ribs, and then I chopped up the leftover and tossed them with some pasta.

Roast New Potatoes with Rock Salt and Rosemary
24 baby new potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tsp rock salt
5 sprigs rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp butter
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Place the potatoes in a large roasting pan, drizzle with the olive oil adn sprinkle with 2 tsp of salt and some pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
  2. Add the rosemary, garlic, and butter.  Shake the roasting pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
  3. Serve hot, sprinkled with remaining salt.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit... I'm not a potato fan. HOWEVER, this looks really good. I love the rosemary add!

    ReplyDelete