Like many others, I am a huge fan of Trader Joes. Open my freezer, my fridge, or my pantry and you're bound to find a plethora of products from my local store. The prices are great and their selection of items is usually right on the mark. I am always falling in love with one item or another, only to have it discontinued. Like the chocolate tea they used to carry which disappeared from shelves years ago.
But that only means there's something new to take it's place. Right now my current favorites that are filling my shelves are:
* Frozen fruit for the endless smoothies we make.
* Frozen pizza for quick meals for the guys on nights I have to work late. I especially like the vegetarian pizza which has mushrooms, peppers, and olives
* Hold the Cone mini ice cream cones. They are the perfect size for me! Like mini drumsticks.
* lemon curd - Thatboy puts it on his pancakes, I like it with fresh berries.
* premade sandwiches and salads - I like the sandwiches for lunches every now and again- especiLly when Thatboy is out of town, or I need to eat in the car. The premade salads I serve as a quick side dish lately. I love salads in the summer, don't you?
*hummus and mini pitas- my snack of choice right now. Thatbaby is another fan. Especially the jalapeño cilantro hummus.
*tea- My chocolate tea was discontinued, but I'm still a fan. I've been drinking the chamomile every night this week. It's good for winding down before bed.
Red Curry Noodles
1 pkg fresh rice noodles
1 bag Trader Joes veggie stir fry
1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 Bottle Trader Joes red curry sauce
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add frozen veggies to pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until veggies are warmed through.
3. Add chicken, noodles, and red curry sauce to skillet and continue cooking until the sauce is warmed through.